Alabama Department of Labor

What would you like to do?
      To start a new benefit year or to reopen an Unemployment Compensation (UC) claim that has previously been established.
      To file a weekly claim certification after your benefit year has been established or to change the 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) or Username for your Internet Weekly Claim account.
      To change your address, telephone number, email, request for federal tax withholdings, and/or form of payment for your weekly claim.
      To view the status of the last five weekly certifications or to check the overall status of your current Unemployment Compensation (UC) claim.
      To access tax Form 1099-G and obtain information about tax withheld from unemployment benefits as well as the amount of benefits paid in the tax year. This must be reported each year even if you have repaid some or all of the benefits received. Information is posted as soon as possible each January for the most current tax year.
      If you need any written information on your Unemployment Claim for the purpose of DHR, a Mortgage, loan, etc.  It requires a $10 Money Order and a notarized signature.  Please print the Form 480 and follow the instructions on the form.
      To make an online payment via electronic funds transfer from a checking or savings account towards an outstanding Unemployment Compensation Overpayment balance or to view the status of previous online payments.
      The Alabama Department of Labor is always striving to better serve our customers throughout the state.  If you have a couple of minutes, please answer a few questions.